Bed Leveling sets the distance between the nozzle and three (3) different points on the print surface. This allows the printer to extrude material evenly across the entire print surface.
Before we start
- Make sure the glass build plate is clean from plastic
- Load PLA Tough in Extruder I (required for the pre-installed calibration test)
- On the touch screen, go to Setup » Calibration » Build plate Calibration.
- Press the big crosshair button under P1 (Point 1) offset to start calibrating the P1 offset.
- Adjust the offset by pressing the up or down arrow next to the big crosshair button under P1 Offset while sliding the provided calibration card between the nozzle and the print surface. (You should aim for the tightest setting allowing the calibration card to slide between the nozzle and the print surface without getting stuck.)
- Repeat step 5 for P2 and P3.
- Press Done and allow it to save your settings. You will be returned to the main calibration menu when it's done.
- Power cycle the printer. Wait 15 seconds before turning the printer ON again.
- To check if your calibration was successful, you'll need to do a print test. Go to Print » Print from local file » Calibration files.
- Print 5 Points.gcode.
If the result is good, you're done. If not, start over.