Our profile presets in our cloud and desktop slicer are designed for the pre-installed Hotends on the Portrait 3D printer. Changes may affect results negatively.
|12v All-Metal with a .4mm brass nozzle|
|12v PTFE with a .4mm brass nozzle|
Remove old Hotend
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord.
- Make sure the Hotends are cool before starting.
- Remove the printhead lid to expose the Hotends.
- Unplug the Heater cartridge and the thermistor connectors.
- Loosen the Hotend knob using a Philips screwdriver.
- Pull the Hotend gently down until you can see the top, remove the collet clip (don't lose it) and push the collet inwards and then gently pull out the Bowden tube.
- Now you have disconnected the Hotend.
Installing a new Hotend
- Connect the Bowden tube to your new Hotend and secure it with the locking clamp. After securing the Bowden tube, push it into the Hotend a bit further to make sure there is no gap.
- Put the Hotend back in place, making sure to press it fully up, and secure it again with the knob, using a Philips screwdriver.
- Reconnect the power and temperature sensor cables.
- Put the front print head cover back on the print head, and check that the Hotend wires do not show below the bottom edge of the cover.
- If you changed nozzle diameter, make sure to head over to Setup » Extras » Tools and change the diameter.
- Check calibration.
Learn how to assemble the hotends here.