- Hotend I: All-Metal with a 0.40mm brass nozzle
- Hotend II: PTFE with a 0.40mm brass nozzle
Keep in mind
Before replacing the Hotends, be aware that our pre-made printing profiles for the Kodak Portrait 3D Printer support 12-volt All-Metal and PTFE Hotends with 0.40mm brass nozzles using 1.75mm filaments.
How to Change
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord.
- Make sure the Hotends are cool before starting.
- Remove the front print head cover to expose the Hotends.
- Unplug the Hotend power and the temperature sensor connectors.
- Unscrew the Hotend knob using a Philips screwdriver.
- Pull the Hotend gently down until you can see the top, press in the locking clamp securing the Bowden tube to the Hotend and then gently pull out the Bowden tube. Now you have disconnected the Hotend.
- Now connect the Bowden tube to your new Hotend and secure it with the locking clamp. After securing the Bowden tube, push it into the Hotend a bit further to make sure there is no gap.
- Put the Hotend back in place, making sure to press it fully up, and secure it again with the knob, using a Philips screwdriver.
- Reconnect the power and temperature sensor cables.
- Put the front print head cover back on the print head, and check that the Hotend wires do not show below the bottom edge of the cover.
- If you changed nozzle diameter, make sure to head over to Setup » Extras » Tools and change the diameter.
- Check calibration.