HIPS is a good electrical insulator and can be sanded and painted with acrylic paints. It is a good alternative to classic PLA for models. It has medium flexibility and medium-low temperature resistance. The raw material complies with section 201(s) of the US Federal, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, and Parts 182, 184 and 186 of the Food Additive Regulations.
Concept modeling, Educational projects, Design objects.
- A filament with some of the best characteristics of PLA and ABS
- High-resolution smooth surfaces
- Great interlayer adhesion
- Resistance to shattering, low warp
- It can be used as a dissolvable support material for ABS (soluble with limonene, citric acid)
Recommended printer settings
|Print bed temperature (first/later)||100°C|
|Diameter||1.75 mm||2.85 mm|
|Tolerance||+/- 0.02 mm||+/- 0.03 mm|
|Moisture Content||< 0.02%|
|Density||1.06 g/cm 3 (ISO 1183/B)|
|Melt Mass-Flow Rate (MFR) (220ᵒC/10kg)||3 g/10 min (ASTM D1238)|