Our filaments are compatible with almost all desktop 3D printers accepting third-party filaments (open source), including Ultimaker, Zortrax, Makerbot, Airwolf, Up! Afinia, Makergear, Solidoodle, Lutzbot, Flashforge and many more. The KODAK 3D Printing Filaments have been tested in several 3D printers, but you should always check beforehand if they're compatible with your 3D printer.
Here's a list of things to look for:
- Check that your printer supports third-party filaments. Some manufacturers only allow using their own filaments.
- Confirm that your printer supports either 1.75mm or 2.85mm filaments.
- Make sure your printer is able to print at our filament's recommended printing temperatures. You can find this and more in our Printing Guidelines.
- If your printer does not have a heated bed, then you are limited to only printing PLA. Other polymers may require heated beds.
- If your printer comes with the All-Metal Hotend you can print anything, but we recommend using the PTFE Hotend for PLA+, PVA and Flex 98.