It's important to calibrate the X and Y directions of your nozzles if you're using a dual-extrusion printer like the Portrait. If the printer is not properly calibrated, gaps and/or overlapping between the printed sections may be visible when printing using both nozzles.
Before we start
- Make sure the glass build plate is clean from plastic
- Load PLA Tough in Extruder I (required for the pre-installed calibration test)
- Load PLA+ in Extruder II (required for the pre-installed calibration test)
- Use a different color than the one loaded in Extruder I.
- The first step is to see if you need to calibrate your printer. Press Print » Print from local file » Calibration files.
- Print XY Offset.gcode.
- Once the printer is done printing the calibration test, examine the result.
- Go to Setup » Calibration » Nozzle Offset Calibration.
- Adjust the XY offset values based on the test print so both layers are perfectly aligned by pressing the arrow keys for each axis.
- Press Done and allow it to save your settings. You will be returned to the main calibration menu when it's done.
- Power cycle the printer. Wait 15 seconds before turning the printer ON again.
- To check the results of the calibration you'll need to do a test print. Go to Print » Print from local file » Calibration files.
- Now go and print another XY Offset.gcode and examine the results.
If results are good, you're done. If not, start over.