Along with our printer, we include a Dimafix pen. This product functionality is to enhance the adhesion of the materials to the build plate.
|IMPORTANT NOTE||Technical materials may require specific products in order to ensure proper adhesion to the printing surface. For a specific list on each material and adhesive please read the list at the bottom of this article|
Dimafix and other adhesives are meant to be used to ensure the first layer will stick well to the build plate. For this reason, the adhesive needs to be applied before every print.
The procedure of use:
- Make sure the heated bed is below 50°C.
- Shake the Dimafix pen well for a few seconds
- Apply it over the build surface using a zig-zag or grid pattern. Allow the build surface to dry for a few seconds before printing.
- Print. The adhesion property will be activated once the heated bed’s temperature is above 50ºC.
- Let the heated bed cool down below 50°C for the print to be easily removed.
|NOTE||The Dimafix pen and any other adhesive are meant to be used before every print. In the case of Dimafix, several applications of it can be stacked upon each other and will enhance the adhesion of materials.|
Materials that can be used with Dimafix:
- PLA Tough
- Nylon 6/66/12
Recommended adhesives for other materials :
- Nylon 6: PVA based adhesives such as Elmer's adhesive or Magigoo PA
- Nylon 12: Standard Magigoo
- PP (Polypropylene): Magigoo PP
- POM ( Polyoxymethylene - Acetal Resin ): Hairspray products (Such as Aquanet, Garnier, etc)