Congratulations on the purchase of your new KODAK Portrait 3D Printer!
Smart International (“SMART”) grants a Standard Warranty on all brand new KODAK Portrait 3D Printers (“Product”) purchased directly from SMART or from one of our Authorized Distributors or Resellers (“AD/R”) in the country of purchase.
What the warranty covers
- This Warranty covers defects in material or workmanship in this Product during the warranty period.
- Only the original purchaser of this product is covered under this warranty. This Warranty is not transferable to subsequent purchasers or owners of this product.
This Warranty does not...
- Cover any accessories (such as build plate, power cable, toolkit items, filament cases, and Bowden tubes).
- Cover any consumables (such as KODAK 3D Printing Filament, SD card, and nozzle).
- Cover any software (any software delivered with the Product is provided “as-is”).
- Warrant that the product covered hereby, including, without limitation, the technology and/or integrated circuit(s) included in the product, will not become obsolete or that such items are or will remain compatible with any other product or technology with which the product may be used.
This Warranty covers up to ten thousand (10,000) printing hours within four (4) years from the Date of Purchase. This Warranty period consists of:
- A limited Warranty valid for twelve (12) months from the Date of Purchase.
- An extension up to three (3) years of Warranty, which can be purchased for an annual fee of US$600 and needs to be activated during an active Warranty period. The extended Warranty includes annual service check-ups.
Service under this Warranty is provided by SMART and its AD/R.
Before claiming the Warranty, you may want to visit the SMART website at http://www.smart3d.tech for online technical support. You will need to have your Product, serial number and Date of Purchase available prior to contacting SMART or your AD/R. A Customer Support representative will attempt to diagnose the nature of the problem. If the problem you are experiencing cannot be resolved over email, chat or telephone, either we may send you replacement parts or you may be requested to send the Product in for service.
You can request service by submitting the Warranty Claim Form available at http://www.smart3d.tech.
SMART or its AD/R shall issue prepaid return labels for Product units under Warranty. In the event that your Product is proven to be defective upon description of the problem and/or inspection by SMART or the AD/R, and provided that the defect occurred under normal and proper use, SMART or the AD/R shall, at their sole discretion, provide a new spare part, repair or replace with new or refurbished Products, any Product or parts determined to be defective. The exchanged part or Product is covered by this Warranty for the remainder of the original Product’s Warranty period. All replaced parts and Products become the property of SMART or the AD/R.
To claim your warranty:
- Claim notification must be received by SMART before the Warranty period expires by completing the support form available at support.smart3d.tech
- The original purchase invoice must be provided
- The Product must have serial number label and void labels in place
- The Product must be returned in its original packaging. If you have not kept it, you can purchase it at http://www.smart3d.tech.
This Warranty does not cover either physical damage sustained from improper handling during shipping or normal wear and tear in the use of the Product. The Warranty does not apply in the following cases:
- Loss of or damage to the Product as a result of unusual physical or electrical stress, improper installation, operation, cleaning or maintenance, accident, misuse, damage, abuse, negligence, dust, sand, moisture, liquids, impact, improper storage, electrical current fluctuations, or failure to follow proper operating or environmental instructions described in the Product’s User Manual;
- Damage caused by service (including upgrades, modifications, disassembly, and expansions) to the Product or to any software programs performed by anyone other than SMART or its AD/R;
- Damage caused by the use of third-party filaments or accessories;
- Damage caused by improper use or by use not in accordance with the user manual;
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes or any other event, act, default or omission outside of SMART’s control.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Warranty shall be exclusively governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, United States. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Warranty will be exclusively submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of Delaware.