Updating the software of the Portrait or using the 3D Cloud requires a constant, stable internet connection. If you are running WiFi, make sure you're having the strongest possible signal to the router or try using an ethernet cable.
Issues caused by a weak Internet connection:
- Problems obtaining a token code to link your printer to your Cloud account
- Printers go offline/online
- Unable to send prints from the Cloud
- Camera flickering or goes offline
If your printer saved the login details for your router but is unable to authenticate or receive an IP-address, press your router's SSID in the wifi list and click forget and try again.
- Check if you are able to sign in to your cloud account on cloud.smart3d.tech.
- If you are unable to access your cloud account, you might encounter connectivity issues until service is restored and fully operational.
- Go to Setup > Connectivity > Info and verify that the printer has obtained a valid internal IP address (e.g. 192.x.x.x) from your router.
- If your printer does not have a valid IP, please follow this guide.
- Go to Setup > Connectivity > Cloud:
- If the printer keeps displaying fetching information, that means that the printer is unable to obtain a token code from the cloud due to a connectivity-related issue.
- If a token code is displayed, add the printer to your cloud account using these instructions.
- If two buttons ('unregister' and 'disconnect') are displayed, press Unregister and link the printer using these instructions.
- If you are unable to update your printer, stuck on fetching information when accessing Setup > Connectivity > Cloud, or appears as offline in your cloud account:
- Login to your router's interface (e.g. 192.168.0.1).
- Assign your printer a static IP address (or look up your printers MAC address under connected devices).
- Forward the following ports to your printer's static IP address (or MAC address).
80, 443, 8888 (for v1 to v2 updater), and 9418.
- Add the following addresses to your router's whitelist:
- 184.108.40.206 (http) - This is used for v1 to v2 update
- bitbucket.org (https)
- cloud.smart3d.tech (https)
- cloud.3dprinteros.com (https)
- cli-cloud.3dprinteros.com (https)
- live3dprinteros.blob.core.windows.net (https)
If you are not familiar with any of these steps, please refer to your router's user manual or contact the router manufacturer (or your company's IT department) for further assistance.