This procedure is meant to solve for any possible network error caused by your Internet Service Provider’s settings when the update was already initiated via Internet. By downloading this software package on your Windows computer, you will be able to provide the update server locally and hence without network errors.
- Unplug the printer’s Ethernet cable from the wall.
- Configure the following network settings in your PC for Windows 10:
First right click the network icon on the lower right corner of the task bar area and click on Open Network and Sharing Center:
Select Change Adapter Settings
Configure the Local Area Connection
Configure the Ethernet adapter properties
Select the IPv4 properties:
Take note of your current settings.
Select to specify an IP address manually, and fill in the following data:
- IP address: 192.168.0.1
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway:192.168.0.1
- Select to use the following DNS address:
- Preferred DNS server: 192.168.0.1
- Save these settings
- Download the following software to your PC: local updater
- Just to be safe, turn off WiFi in your computer.
- Unzip the file you downloaded and run the Update file:
- This will run a small web server, a DHCP server and a DNS server temporarily in your PC, set to deliver the update files required by your printer from your PC. You will see three black app screens with lots of technical information.
- Connect your printer’s Ethernet cable into your PC and turn the printer back on. After a few moments it will continue updating, and should finish successfully in a few minutes.
- When the printer has finished downloading the files successfully you should disconnect the Ethernet cable from your PC and connect it back to the wall. The printer will continue to install the update for a few minutes and then will restart. At this point you have v2 installed.
- Run the suggested printer update again in order to have the very latest v2.0 firmware version.
- In your PC, simple close the three applications when the updater has finished downloading the files (the printer screen will notify you of this). At that point just open the Networking settings again reverse the settings to what they were before beggining.