Before reflashing the Raspberry it is necessary to reflash the Smoothieboard to ensure both boards have the latest version of the firmware, for instructions on this procedure access here.
- Turn on the machine and write down the XY Offset values from the calibration screen before continuing. This will avoid having to repeat the XY offset calibration process later.
- Turn off the machine and open the bottom to access the faraday cage where the Smoothieboard and the Raspberry Pi are contained.
|Faraday cage access
- Locate and remove the SD card of the Raspberry Pi containing the firmware and software.
- Clean and format the SD card using the Windows disk partition tool:
- Press WIN + R to open the run command popup.
- Enter diskpart in the entry field and press ENTER.
- Click YES if you are asked to allow the app to make changes to the device.
- At the DISKPART prompt, enter list disk to get a list of all connected drives.
- Enter select disk # (change # to the corresponding disk number).
- Enter clean to clean the disk, removing any partition on the SD card.
- Enter create partition primary to create a primary partition on the SD card.
- Enter exit to close the disk partition tool.
- Right-click on mounted SD card and select Format....
- Now the SD card should be ready for writing the image file onto it.
- To flash the SD card corresponding to the Raspberry Pi, do the following:
- Download the Raspberry Pi firmware and Win32 Disk Imager:
- Install and run Win3D Disk Imager.
- Unzip the Raspberry Pi firmware.
- Select the Raspberry Pi firmware file as your image.
- Select the SD card as your drive.
- Click "Write" and wait. It may take a while.
- Insert the SD card back into the Raspberry Pi.
- Put the printer back together and turn it on.
- Plug in a standard USB keyboard into the USB port in the front.
- You will not be asked to enter the machine serial number again. Reconnect the keyboard, highlight the entry field with your finger and enter the serial number using the previous mention format: KPA.0000XXX (Serial number can be found on the sticker on the back of the printer).
- Select HV2 when asked for HW version.
- After completing this process connect the printer to the internet and update it to the latest version of the software.
- Disconnect the keyboard and go to Setup » Manual controls » Dev tools and select Reset board UUID, then press OK as soon as the sign pops (no need to wait).
- Now calibrate the printer.
- Go to Setup » Calibration » XY Offset and reenter the XY offset values you wrote down earlier.
- Press Save when finished.