How should I store my filament between uses?
|Always keep the resealable bag and the included silica packet when you purchase KODAK 3D printing filaments.|
When you no longer intend to use your filament, place it into the resealable bag together with the silica packet, push out any excess air and seal it to keep it nice and dry for your next print.
Are KODAK filaments FDA approved?
The following filaments without additives have been engineered with premium FDA compliant polymers which are safe to be in contact with food:
- HIPS (Natural color)
- Nylon 12 (Natural color)
- PETG (Natural color)
- PLA (Natural color)
- PLA+ (Natural color)
Natural colors are 100% polymer with no additives.
How do I measure my filament?
Required tools: top-quality caliper (error 0.01 mm)
- Unroll at least five (5) meters of filament before taking any measurements.
- Take measurements of four (4) points separated by two (2) meters each.
- Take two (2) measurements at each point using the tip of the caliper.
1st measurement 2nd measurement
- Add both values together and divide by 2 to get the average diameter of each point.
- Now add all average diameter values together and divide by the number of samples (4 in this case) and then subtract the spool diameter (1.75mm) and you'll have the tolerance accuracy.
|Point||1st measurement||2nd measurement|
Calculating average diameter per point:
0m: 1.71 + 1.75 / 2 = 1.73
2m: 1.72 + 1.74 / 2 = 1.73
4m: 1.75 + 1.69 / 2 = 1.72
6m: 1.72 + 1.76 / 2 = 1.74
Calculating spool average diameter:
(1.73 + 1.73 + 1.72 + 1.74) / 2 = 1.73
Calucalting tolerance accuracy:
1.73 - 1.75 = -0.02
What are the spool size and weight of KODAK filaments?
KODAK 3D printing filaments are not only meant to be used with the KODAK Portrait 3D printer but also with any printer accepting open-source filaments, and that is why they're available in standard 1,75 or 2,85 mm diameter.
The spool uses standard measures to be compatible with almost every printer in the market.
|A||52 mm||2.04 in|
|B||200 mm||7.87 in|
|C||44 mm||1.73 in|
|D*||96 mm||3.77 in|
|Weight**||180±20 g||6.35±0.7 oz|
* A bigger inner diameter to prevent the material from creating a memory in its shape.
** Without filament.
What colors are available for each filament?
You can find a complete chart featuring all our filaments and their available colors here.
Where can I find your filament datasheets?
All our filaments have been tested to ensure high quality and to produce reliable data for our technical datasheets. You can download all available technical AND safety datasheets from here.